Slideshow Widget

  •  photo Slideshow-Template-1.png" />
  •  photo Slideshow-Template-3.png" />
  •  photo Slideshow-Template-2.png" />

Spring Is In The Air

Tuesday, April 05, 2011

I love this time of year!  The nice weather and sunshine inspires me to make a fresh start to so many areas of my home.  During the winter it is so easy to not keep up with the closets, dusting, etc.  But once Spring rolls around I can't wait to make my house feel all sparkly and clean.  The warmer weather and spring flowers get me in the mood to make my house feel light and airy. 

While Danny was gone a couple of weeks ago I decided this would be a great opportunity to make a few changes around the house.  I have been wanting to get rid of the darker color scheme in our house for quite some time now.  I just couldn't figure out how to make all the colors work with our couches.  Since there was no way around getting any new couches I knew that any changes made would have to incorporate the existing couches.  Don't get me wrong I love the shape of them and they are so easy to keep clean with the two kiddos.  I just am not loving how dark they are. 




Then came a trip to Target where I spotted these jewels.  Not only did they have the khaki and blue that I wanted........they even tied in the green!!!! This was all I needed to jumpstart the transformation. Now if I was smart and would have thought that what I was doing may become a blog topic I could have taken some before pictures and some during pictures.  But that just didn't cross my mind as I was rushing home with all my new treasures.  I changed pillows, curtains, added shelves, made a cute new table runner, and even created some new subway art that I have been seeing EVERYWHERE!  Needless to say when the Mr. came home there had been quite a change. 


So, here are a few pictures of what I was up to while the Mr. was away.




So do you notice the change to the blog?  It just seemed too dark and with the changes at the house....why not add a little spring to blog as well.

Post a Comment