Slideshow Widget

  •  photo Slideshow-Template-1.png" />
  •  photo Slideshow-Template-3.png" />
  •  photo Slideshow-Template-2.png" />

Is It Time Yet?

Friday, July 10, 2009

Wow it has been a busy past few months. Every time I tried to sit down and blog something always came up. We are so very close to having the nursery completed and I will post pictures soon. That process seemed to take much longer than expected. I think the biggest problem is that there really isn't all that much out there Dr. Seuss readily available to buy. You can find just about any other "theme" for a nursery and have more than plenty of options to decorate with, but for some reason most of the Dr. Seuss items are homemade items sold online.


With only 8 more days left until baby Hannah is here I am definitely starting to nest like crazy. Last night in a record 45 minute cleaning spree I managed to dust all surfaces in the house, vaccuum entire upstairs, scrub all floors, scrub bathroom, and disinfect the kitchen. Now if I can just convince Danny that we really do need to steam clean all of the floors before she gets here maybe I will be a little more relaxed. Hmmm then again probably not!

You would think that waiting 9 months for your baby would be the hard part, but I definitely think that the hardest part is the last two or three weeks. You know that it could be any day and you are constantly on edge waiting for the "moment" to happen. It is worse than being a kid and waiting for Santa to come. At least then you know the exact date and when it is going to happen. We have had some moments this time when I think maybe this is it.....but then it never progresses. With Riley I didn't really have too many false labor pains. This time is totally different. Everyone told me that the second one is never like the first, but I think that I still expected it to be more similar than it has been. I mean it was only 14 months ago that I gave birth to Riley so I should still be an old pro at this right?!?! Wrong!!!! She has been so much more active and seems to be everywhere at once. At one point she was kicking me in my ribs at the same time as I felt her sitting on my bladder. I am just ready to be not pregnant and feeling like Shrek.

Thought I would just share a few pictures from the lovely shower that my friends threw for me. It was such a nice evening and I could not have imagined anything better. It is times like these that you truly realize just how blessed you are with the friends and family that support you. Not only are Danny and I lucky....but our kids are so lucky to have so many that surround them and love them.

Post a Comment