Slideshow Widget

  •  photo Slideshow-Template-1.png" />
  •  photo Slideshow-Template-3.png" />
  •  photo Slideshow-Template-2.png" />

Breakfast on the Run

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

In the mornings I sometimes feel like I am lucky if I can get out of the house with matching shoes on, let alone to eat breakfast.  In order to get my protein as well as have something that is easily portable I usually end up making a shake.  Some days I like a fruity shake other days something with a little chocolate.

My go to shake is a sweet combination of peanut butter, bananas, and chocolate.  I have recently found the PB2 at our local grocers and it comes regular and in chocolate.  This is a major score because I can get two tablespoons of this for only 45 calories! I know that is crazy when it comes to peanut butter, even the natural ones.  So, run out today grab some PB2 and make this crazy good shake and not feel bad about it at all.

Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Shake
 Makes 2 servings





Ingredients
1 cup ice
1 frozen banana
8 oz almond milk
1 scoop vanilla protein powder (optional)
½ cup rolled oats
2 Tablespoons PB2 Chocolate

Directions
Mix all ingredients in blender (you can add more or less milk depending on your preference). Enjoy!

I personally like using the blender bottles when I take my shake on the road...the special mixing ball keeps things combined and tasty without any extra mess.

Don't forget to follow me and leave a comment!

2 Responses to “Breakfast on the Run”

  1. Sounds delicious! I haven't heard of PB2...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is powdered peanut butter....it is amazing!

    ReplyDelete