Slideshow Widget

  •  photo Slideshow-Template-1.png" />
  •  photo Slideshow-Template-3.png" />
  •  photo Slideshow-Template-2.png" />

What We Ate Wednesday: School Lunches

Wednesday, December 04, 2013

Since doing the Whole 30 a while back I have tried to incorporate the Paleo diet more and more in our daily life.  The area that I struggle with is when it comes to packing the school lunch. If I am being honest I struggle with that even without trying to follow a Paleo diet.  There are so many great foods but the kids only have 20 minutes for lunch.  So what I pack needs to be quick and easy and doesn't make a huge mess.  Because let's face it that messy lunches and a white school uniform shirt do not mix well.

image credit: Everyday Paleo



During my search for healthy and easy lunch ideas I came across the blog Everyday Paleo.  There were so many recipes on her blog that I can not wait to try....but then I hit the jackpot. She had a whole post dedicated to school lunches.  She even went so far as to document her kids lunches for a week.  It wasn't that there was a magical post with a hundred lunch ideas, it was the fact that she had simple easy ideas. Foods I wouldn't have even thought to send for a school lunch, but were favorites of my kids (black olives anyone).

I encourage you to go check out her blog and I dare you not to get sucked in for an hour.  Then come back here and tell me which fun new recipes you are going to try.


Post a Comment