Slideshow Widget

  •  photo Slideshow-Template-1.png" />
  •  photo Slideshow-Template-3.png" />
  •  photo Slideshow-Template-2.png" />

Winter Wonderland

Friday, December 06, 2013

This time of year always does two things to me....makes me crave being inside with a fire next to the Christmas tree snuggling up with my family OR it drives me crazy with all of the parties/events that we have to do in such a short amount of time.  Don't get me wrong I love all of these fun plans that the holidays bring, but wow is it a struggle to make it all work.



This year I have been thinking about what it would be like if we could celebrate the holidays anyway we want and money was no object. My initial thought is to be someplace far away from all the crazy on a warm beach. Just relaxing, reading a good book and drinking a sweet beverage. Can you feel it....the breeze is just right to keep you cool enough but the sun and salt water are calling your name?


But, then I think about all of the fun winter activities that we would miss. One of my favorite memories was taking a trip with my husband (who was my boyfriend at the time) and sister in law to Colorado for a ski trip the week between Christmas and New Years.  That year I PAINFULLY learned how to ski.  Of course Danny just took off down the mountain and never looked back, while I was still at the top trying to figure out the "pizza and french fry." After MANY failed attempts I was able to say that I could ski....as long as there was an easy hill. =)  But, the best part of that trip was the laid back time we had celebrating just being together.  There was lots of food and drinking, shopping and sight seeing, and some pretty special nights bundled up laughing the night away.  It was such a fun and memorable way to ring in the New Year.

So, if I had to pick one I would probably vote to share that fun winter getaway with my family. This time creating all new memories with our kids and loved ones.  Maybe at a place like this...hey, I did say money was no object!

image credit: Ultimate-Ski.com

How would you spend the holidays if money was no object? Leave me a message and let me know.

Post a Comment