Slideshow Widget

  •  photo Slideshow-Template-1.png" />
  •  photo Slideshow-Template-3.png" />
  •  photo Slideshow-Template-2.png" />

New Year....New Word

Monday, January 06, 2014

Each year it is easy to start off with a list of resolutions and ways to be better in the coming year.  The problem I usually have is that I feel like the list just hangs there over my head.  Taunting me if I haven't quite succeeded in each area.


This year I am choosing to take my list and throw it out the window and chose one word instead. I have seen this concept all over blog land and to be quite honest it frightens me a little bit.  I like having goals and lists to check off.  Isn't that how we tell that we have succeeded in accomplishing what we set out to do?  The concept is easy....chose a word that describes how you want to live your life for the year. The idea is that you will remember this word daily and it will help shape decisions and actions, unlike that list we create and forget about until December. 

On my journey this year I have many areas in my life that I would love to see improvement in. Most of them are the same ones that I have had for a couple of years now and have somehow managed to not accomplish. I have started out with high hopes and have even seen some drastic improvements in many of these areas.  But then something seems to happen....life.  It is easy to let life get in the way of our goals.  Whether it is time, outside commitments, lack of support, or just plain old bad habit; it is so easy to just give up and lose track of the end results we are yearning for. 

So, my word for this year is PERSISTENCE.


I am going to focus on my end goals and keep at them...even if I don't succeed.  I am never going to get where I want to be if I do not keep trying. 

Post a Comment